Pictured above: 2017 Recipients Joe McLean and Austin Mejdrich pictured with Bonnie Buckley, former Executive Director of SACIS, Erin Walters, Current Executive Director of SACIS and Shannon Buckley-Shaklee, daughter of Bonnie Buckley and Mark Shaklee.
Men For Change Award
SACIS, (Sexual Assault Counseling and Information Service), will present the Mark Shaklee Men for Change Award annually in recognition of men within the community who share in our vision for ending violence against women and all gender based violence. Two men (one community member and one student) will be receiving this award in conjunction with SACIS’ Annual ROAR event.
Mark Shaklee was an exceptionally supportive leader within our community who joined SACIS in their efforts to put an end to sexual violence by modeling integrity, promoting respect and dignity for all, encouraging healthy relationships and acknowledging that men have a unique and valuable role in challenging the societal beliefs and attitudes that foster violence within our culture.
WHO CAN BE NOMINATED
We will be reviewing nominations for two categories, student and community member. All men who are currently enrolled in school and/or reside within the SACIS service area (Coles, Cumberland and Clark Counties) may be nominated for this award.
- Complete Nomination Form.
- Individual Submitting Nomination must write a letter of recommendation which will highlight the nominee’s key actions/characteristics/qualities that may demonstrate any (or all) of the following:
- Nominee advocates for equality and dignity for all.
- Nominee promotes respect for all.
- Nominee models healthy communication.
- Nominee challenges hurtful language that perpetuates violence within our community.
- Nominee serves as a role model for young men.
- Nominee ___________. Please let us know why you think this person is deserving of recognition. The list of examples above is not exclusive!
- Nominations may include up to three additional letters of support.
Nominations must be received no later than Tuesday, October 25, 2019. Recipients will be announced at the SACIS’ Rock Out Against Rape (ROAR) event on Friday, November 1st, 2019.
Nominations may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to the SACIS office (217) 348-5051.
To print the form, click here: MFC Nomination Form 2019